Marc D. Beer is a biotechnology executive with more than 20 years of experience in the diagnostic and pharmaceutical industries. Mr. Beer was the Chief Executive Officer of Aegerion Pharmaceuticals which produced various types of medications to treat specific diseases and illnesses.
Earlier in his biotech career, Marc held managerial positions at the following firms:
* ViaCell – company that specialized in preserving the blood stem cells of the umbilical cord
* Genzyme (Abbott Laboratories) – company that helped to develop treatments for rare diseases that were once considered untreatable.
* OvaScience – company that specializes in new treatments for couples and women struggling with infertility. OvaScience is merging with Millendo Therapeutics
* ERYTech Pharma – biopharmaceutical company that develops therapies for certain cancer and rare genetic diseases
* TxCell – company that develops T-cell immunotherapy systems
Marc Beer believes in making life better for people. For this reason, he created “Renovia, Inc.,” a medical diagnostic and therapeutic company. Marc serves as its Chief Executive Officer at its headquarters in Boston. Renovia will conduct clinical trials, produce medical products and develop many commercial ventures.
Marc founded Renovia to also research treatments to address the pelvic floor disorder. A pelvic floor issue involves incontinence which widely affects women around the globe. The Boston financial community stepped up with Marc enabling him to raise $42.3 million in financing for Renovia, Inc.
The FDA has already approved a Renovia product to address this health problem, which is the Leva device. The FDA has also approved certain drugs like the HoFH – homozygous familial hypercholesterolemia which is a rare disease that keeps high cholesterol levels within the body.
The Leva device is manufactured to strengthen the pelvic floor in women. The device is very innovative because it contains a sensor system that allows users to see the position of their pelvic floor muscles and to monitor any movement that is exerted during exercises.
Marc Beer received his Bachelor of Science degree from Miami University in Oxford, Ohio. He is also very active on medical and research boards like Minerva Neurosciences of Waltham, MA, where he serves as Chairman. He is Chairman of the Board at Good Start Genetics, Inc. of San Francisco, CA.
Marc also sits on the Board of Directors at the Biotechnology Innovation Organization headquartered in Washington, DC. and the Joe Andruzzi Cancer Foundation of North Attleboro, MA. Marc D. Beer is also a board member at the University of Notre Dame and RenaMed Biologics, Inc. Learn more : https://www.slideshare.net/MarcBeer